Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 8 ounces (1/2 box) rotini or fusilli pasta, cooked according to package directions (about 4 cups cooked)
- 5 Roma or plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 4-8 ounces mozzarella balls/pearls or shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions (I use a healthy pasta variety, such as whole-grain, protein-rich, or legume-based).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Gently stir to combine, and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add 4 cups to the bowl with bruschetta and toss. Add mozzarella or shaved Parmesan, if desired. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, along with extra dashes of olive oil, balsamic and minced basil until it’s perfectly delicious. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/bruschetta-pasta-salad-recipe-joy-bauer-t254392