Preparation time: 10 mins.
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter (1/2 stick)
- tbsp (30 mL) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 4 tsp (20 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- skinless centre-cut cod fillets (4-6 oz/125-175 g each)
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Slice pineapple with Pineapple Wedger; set half aside for another use. Cut remaining pineapple half crosswise into eight slices. Set aside.
- Place butter into first Coating Tray; microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds or until melted. Combine garlic powder, thyme, paprika, coriander, white pepper, salt and cayenne pepper in (8-in./20-cm) Sauté Pan; cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Pour seasoning mixture into the second tray. Dip cod in batter, shaking off excess; dredge in seasoning mixture, coating evenly.
- Grill cod, covered, 2-3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn cod over with BBQ Flexible Turner; grill an additional 2-3 minutes or until cod flakes easily with a fork. As cod is grilling, add pineapple to the grid of grill; grill pineapple, covered, 3-4 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Remove cod and pineapple from the grill. Serve cod with pineapple.