Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Jalapeño Bacon Jam
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground chuck or sirloin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 hamburger buns
- Red onion slices
For The Jalapeño-Bacon Jam
- In a cast-iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy and fat is rendered off. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Add butter to drippings then add onion, jalapeños and salt. Cook onion for 10 to 12 minutes or until softened and golden. Add the diced garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes or just until fragrant.
- Return bacon and add the dark brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until syrupy and jam-like.
For The Burgers
- Season the beef with minced garlic, salt and pepper. Form the beef into four even patties.
- Set skillet on medium heat, add oil to pan and place formed burgers in skillet. Sear 3 to 4 minutes on the first side. Flip and sear another 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Top with gouda slices during the last minute or two of cooking.
- Spread butter on the inside of the buns. Place in skillet and cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, onion slices and bacon jam.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/beef-burgers-jalapeno-bacon-jam-recipe-t264476