Preparation time: 8 hrs 5 mins
Cooking time: 1 hrs
- 1 Whole Duck
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zested & Juiced
- 3 Tbsp. Portuguese( Piri Piri) Seasoning
- 1 long red sweet chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested & Juiced
- 2 Tblsp brown sugar
- Char Grilled Vegetables
- Fresh Lime Halves
- Prepare the Whole Duck by removing the neck, cut the duck along the backbone on the underside removing the parson’s nose at the same time.
- Combine the oil, lime zest and juice, Portuguese seasoning, chilli, lemon zest and juice and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the duck skin side down in the non – metallic dish and rub over half the marinade. Turn duck over and rub in the remaining marinade. Allow duck to marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Lay the prepared duck skin side up in the baking dish and roast in the pre-heated BBQ or oven 190c for approximately 1 hour basting frequently.
- Allow duck to rest 10 -15 minutes prior to serving with char-grilled vegetables or Salad.