Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30-45 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 5 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1¼ pounds ribs (recipe linked above)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pound leftover macaroni and cheese, warmed and thinned with milk, if needed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and swirl in the vegetable oil. Add the onions and peppers and cook them until soft. Toss in the garlic and cook for about 1 more minute.
- Add the LEFTOVER RIB MEAT to the skillet and season salt and pepper. Mix in the barbecue sauce and remove from heat.
- Grease a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- Spread the rib mixture in the pan, then spread the mac and cheese over it. Top everything with 1 cup of cheddar and pop into a preheated oven and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the cheese sauce bubbles lightly around the edges. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.