Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 pound no-boil lasagna noodles (about 10 lasagna noodles)
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 8-ounce ball mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 packed cup fresh basil or parsley leaves and tender stems, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 425 F. In a 9- by 13-inch baking dish, pour in the crushed tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, harissa, if using, and 2 tablespoons olive oil; stir well to combine. Break up the lasagna noodles and submerge them as best you can in the sauce.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until the noodles are tender to the bite. Remove, season to taste with salt, then stir in the spinach, mix in half the Parmesan and half the mozzarella. Layer the remaining Parmesan and mozzarella on top.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, until the mozzarella is melted and the sauce bubbling, about 20 minutes more. Drizzle with oil, more cheese, the herbs and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/baked-broken-lasagna-pasta-spinach-recipe-t208702