It’s not surprising that The Lotus Grill has picked up awards for its cutting edge design and innovative technology. These include;
- The 2013 Australian International Design Award – Best Domestic Appliance
- The 2013 Red Dot Design Award
- The 2013 Design Plus Award
- The 2012 Fire & Food Gold Awards
Lotus grill working compartments
How It Works
If awards are anything to go by, it’s easy to see that The Lotus BBQ Grill is known for its revolutionary design and its design that makes it one-of-a-kind. Lotus uses cutting edge technology to create a BBQ that is ready in around four minutes, sounds incredible? Well that’s because it is!
- The Grill uses a battery-operated fan that is built in to the unit to supply fresh air over the charcoal thus producing a smoke-free cooking experience.
- With the air stoking the heat around the charcoal, the grill is ready to cook delicious food in just a few short minutes.
- The temperature can actually be controlled by adjusting the battery operated fan to ensure you have the optimal temperature for whatever you’re throwing on the BBQ, braai or barbie!
- The unique design means that greasy deposits from food will not touch the lit charcoal which means no excess smoke.
- Safety is always a big feature when it comes to a BBQ and this is why Lotus included a double wall around the grill to ensure the frame and base doesn’t get too hot. This is a vital feature when dining with small child around.
- When it comes to cleaning the Lotus Grill is easy to dismantled, quick to clean and can even be placed in a dish washer.
If you are in any doubt take a look at YouTube for a detailed explanation on the workings of a Lotus Grill
The Lotus Grill Range
The beauty of the Lotus Grill isn’t just in the cooking technology but in the design. The Lotus Grill is available in a stunning range of vibrant colours, red, green, yellow, purple, black, blue and stainless steel. You are sure to find your favourite colour in this exciting range.
The Original Lotus Grill (regular and XL)
With incredible features such as smokeless operation, perfect heat retention and available in a wide range of colours, it’s little wonder why the original Lotus Grill is so popular. This innovative, award-winning BBQ has revolutionised outdoor cooking. German-designed and engineered, the grill uses 90% less charcoal and isready to cook food 3-4 minutes from lighting.
The Lotus Grill XXL
The beauty of the Lotus Grill XXL is it comes attached to a pair of wheels. It’ll swerve to wherever you have space for it, locking into a stable position with the front-end ‘feet’. The grill top is almost 58cm in diameter: a little under twice the measurements of the classic Lotus. With the stand, however, it’s a fair bit heavier, weighing in at 21.8kg. That won’t matter though since the pull handle/wheel combo ensures it is easy to movethe Lotus Grill XXL is just as easy to clean as the regular and XL Lotus Grill.
Lotus Grill Accessories
Lotus Grill also produce a huge range of accessories which can turn your humble BBQ into an Asian inspired kitchen! The Lotus Grill BBQ Teppanyaki Plate is an example of this ingenious thinking and it will transform a simple BBQ into a Japanese feast. Lotus produce BBQ hoods that will compliment a slow cooked meal perfectly. And then there is the Lotus Grill Hot Pot set for your hot pot wonder at home. Also in the range of accessories are BBQ Tongs and Barbeque Basting Brushes all available in the signature Lotus colours. And to compliment the perfect grilling temperature Lotus Grill have created BBQ grill bags, lighter gel and BBQ beechwood charcoal
Take The Lotus Grill Anywhere
Unsurprisingly, the lotus grill is loved by many because of its versatility, you can literally take it anywhere and produce fabulous BBQ’d food. Here are just a few of our suggestions for the perfect environment for creating the perfect BBQ setting.
Burger on the beach? Yes, please! The beach is the ultimate summer hangout for a lot of folk and it’s easy to see why; Soft sands, awesome waves and enough sun to see you through to next Summer. But have you ever tried a BBQ on the beach? It makes the whole experience. the year. Fill a cooler with food and drinks, grab the Lotus and head for the beach.
As the saying goes, there is no place like home. Your home is your castle and it’s where you create the best in culinary excellence. With a Lotus Grill by your side there is nothing stopping you from hosting the perfect BBQ soirée from the comfort of your home and it is made for the smallest of balconies, as well as, the largest of roof terraces.
Junks or Yachts
The Lotus Grill is perfect for a Junk or yacht! The stable base keeps it firmly on the table. The fact that the charcoal is very secure there is no worry that the BBQ will fall over and cause a fire – this cannot happen with a Lotus Grill. The Lotus Grill also doesn´t get very hot to touch, so you can easily move it while you are cooking. It also comes with a travel bag, making it easy to transport.