I was watching one of Jamie Olivers wonderful TV cooking programmes and he created this wonderful Prawn Toastie with an Asian touch. I thought this could be done so easily on the Lotus BBQ Grill with your Teppanyaki Plate and you even have a choice of smooth or ridged.
"I like to have fun with restaurant favourites, finding ways to recreate the dishes at home. So this is basically a mash-up between the much-loved toasted sarnie and beautiful Chinese-style prawn toasts. I use white bread for this one, because it’s soft and spongy, which suits the recipe. Give it a go! ” Jamie Oliver
- 2 spring onions
- 160 g raw peeled king prawns , from sustainable sources
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- ½ tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 large free-range egg
- 4 slices of white bread
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
Now, turn on your Lotus Grilll BBQ, teppanyaki plate and get it hot. Brush both sides of each sandwich with the egg white, pat on the sesame seeds, then halve the remaining prawns and press into the bread on one side only. Place your toastie on the teppanyaki plate for 3 minutes, or put on the plate, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a weight on top of the sarnie to toast for 2½ minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Slice and serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping, or you could even brush the sauce over your toastie for added joy.
– If you have any fresh herbs to hand, such as coriander or mint, chop a few leaves into the prawn mix.
– Dry out your ginger peelings and use them to make a refreshing tea.
- A Lotus BBQ Grill Pizza Stone Plate, Cast Iron Grill grid or Grill Pan will also work perfectly
– Serve with a bright and colourful side salad for a balanced meal.
– You could also serve this with a quick cucumber pickle: simply finely slice a cucumber into rounds, massage with sea salt, then add some fresh red chilli slices and a squeeze of lime juice. Leave to pickle while you make your sandwich, then drain before using.
Courtsey of Jamie Oliver, 7 ways