Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 personal-sized watermelon (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Lime wedges from zested lime, for serving
- Heat the grill to high. Heat an outdoor gas grill to high, or prepare a charcoal grill for high, direct heat grilling.
- Cut the watermelon. Trim the ends off the watermelon. Stand the watermelon on one cut end, cut in half, then cut each half in half again. Cut the quarters into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Season the watermelon. Combine the sugar, lime zest, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Sprinkle the watermelon slices on both sides with the sugar mixture, and then rub the sugar mixture in to create an even coating.
- Grill the watermelon. When the grill is hot, add the watermelon slices in a single layer and grill until warmed through and grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the grilled watermelon on its own with lime wedges, topped with feta cheese or Greek yogurt, or as dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-grill-watermelon-234733#post-recipe-10979