Preparation time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- southern rock lobster
- 150 ggood quality unsalted butter
- 1red chilli, sliced
- 2lemons (1 juiced, 1 for garnish)
- very good-quality sea salt
- Chill the lobster in a large bowl of ice water or in the freezer for about 30 minutes until asleep. Spike quickly between the eyes to kill.
- Place the lobster in a large pot of boiling water or nage and boil for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl full of ice to arrest the cooking. The lobster will be partially cooked.
- Split the lobster in half and scoop out the tomalley. Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the chilli. When the butter is melted, press the tomalley through a sieve and scrape into the butter. Whisk through and add in a squeeze of lemon.
- Brush the lobster with the butter and grill over a wood-fired barbecue for 5–10 minutes until cooked through. You can cover the lobster to encourage a smokier taste. While the lobster is grilling, also grill some lemon cheeks, flesh down.
- Season well with salt and serve the lobster with a little more of the tomalley butter and the grilled lemon cheeks.
Posted by Coba Grill and we thank Adam Liaw for this delicious recipe link is https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/wood-grilled-lobster-tomalley-butter-and-grilled-lemon