Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound bacon
- 1 (12-count) package Hawaiian rolls
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
For The Eggs
- In a skillet, drizzle in a good amount of oil (I like to practically deep-fry the eggs) and set the pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk until light.
- When the oil is hot, put the beaten eggs into the skillet and watch them sizzle and fry, but don't touch them. You want them to stay flat and in one piece.
- Fry scrambled eggs for 5 minutes, or until the edges are set, then flip the eggs with a spatula (it doesn't have to be perfect) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from the heat and cover while you prepare the bacon and rolls.
For The Rolls
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium-high heat until the strips are browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
- Flip with tongs and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Lay flat on paper towels to drain while you assemble the rolls.
- Slightly toast the Hawaiian rolls with a layer of butter on top.
- Simply slice the sheet of Hawaiian rolls open and brush the butter on the cut sides. Then brown in a toaster oven or under a hot broiler for a good 3 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons mayonnaise over the bottom buns.
- Then top with the egg and then the bacon.
- Finish with another layer of mayo on the top bun, if desired, so it all sticks together, and sandwich them together.