Preparation time: 35 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for the marinade, plus more for grilling
- Grated zest from 2 limes
- Juice from 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Lime wedges, fresh sprigs of cilantro, and slices of avocado, to serve
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper and pound to an even thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Mix the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and massage the marinade into the chicken. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, and up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high heat grilling, or until you can hold your hand about an inch over the grates for 1 second.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the refrigerator. Remove them from the marinade and pat them dry with paper towels. Coat the chicken breasts with some olive oil.
- Soak a paper towel in a little more oil and use tongs to wipe the grill grates.
- When the grill is hot, place the chicken breasts on the grill. Grill for a few minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Simply Recipes for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_cilantro_lime_chicken/