Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 3 large poblano chiles
- Small bunch cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 heaping tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon (a scant palmful) each ground coriander and cumin
- 1 tablespoon light agave syrup or 2 tsp. acacia honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (about 1/2 palmful) each granulated garlic and granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon (about 1/3 palmful) dried oregano, preferably Mexican, lightly crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally
- 12 corn tortillas
- Bibb lettuce leaves, thinly sliced radishes and sliced avocado dressed in lime or lemon, for serving
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced, for serving
- Working over a gas flame, on a grill or under a broiler preheated to high, char the poblanos, turning often until the skins are blackened all over 5 to 10 minutes. Place in a bowl then covers and let sit until cool enough to handle about 15 minutes. Using paper towels, peel off the skins. Seed and slice the poblanos.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, sesame seeds, coriander, cumin, agave, granulated garlic and onion and the oregano; season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill or griddle over medium-high. In another medium bowl, season the chicken and add half the dressing; turn chicken to coat. Grill, turning occasionally until the chicken is charred in spots and cooked through 10 to 12 minutes. Slice the chicken; transfer to a plate. Drizzle with more dressing.
- Grill the tortillas until charred in spots, about 1 minute per side. Fill the tortillas with the lettuce, radishes, poblanos, sliced chicken, avocado, onion and more dressing as needed.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Rachaelraymag for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/grilled-chicken-and-poblano-tacos?crlt.pid=camp.VKK3ezcO7vvS