Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 head of green or red cabbage (green is a little less bitter)
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Dried herbs: choose from thyme, rosemary, or caraway seeds
- Heat the grill to high.
- Slice the cabbage into one inch thick rounds or steaks. You can cut the head in half down through the core first and then slice. Coat both sides with EVOO, salt & pepper, and the dried herb of choice.
- Place the cabbage slices on the grill and close the top. Cook for 10 minutes until edges are crispy and inner leaves are tender. Depending on the size of your grill, you will likely have to do this in batches. Keep cooked slices warm in a low oven.
- You can serve as is or rough chop the cabbage and top with an Asian inspired glaze drizzled over the it. See the glaze recipe below.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS raw honey
- 1 TBS tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
Start this approximately 8 minutes before grilling the cabbage.
- In a small saucepan, mix the vinegar, honey, tamari, and ginger. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a slow simmer. Cook until reduced to the point where the glaze coats the back of a spoon, stirring occasionally. This will take approximately 18 minutes.
- Drizzle the warm glaze over the chopped, grilled cabbage and serve.
- This cabbage side dish pairs nicely with thinly sliced and grilled pork and grilled fruit, such as peaches or figs. The glaze can go over all components. This is a lovely summer dinner to enjoy outdoors with a glass of prosecco.
Posted by Coba Grill and we thank Foreman Grill Recipes for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://foremangrillrecipes.com/vegetables-recipes/grilled-cabbage/