Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 Whole red snapper about 1- 1 1/2 pound each
- 1-2 fresh lemons
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoons ground all spice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons thyme finely chopped
- ½ cup basil or parsley coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoons or more Chicken Bouillon optional
- Cooking Oil about ¼ cup or more to mix
- Plantains and or vegetables to grill
- Make three –four diagonal cuts in each side of the fish, all the way right through the bone. Season fish with salt, pepper, and squeeze some lemon over it. Set aside
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients( white pepper, all spice, minced garlic , ginger, paprika, thyme, basil, parsley , chicken bouillon and oil ) to make marinade for fish.
- Pour the marinade over the fish, and gently flip them back and forth until coated inside and out. Let it marinate in the fridge for up to 24hours
- Preheat to high heat.
- When you are ready to grill ,wipe down the grill basket with oil towel and them immediately lay the fish down in the fish casket. Let them grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side
- Reduce to medium high, and then cover the grill if you have a gas grill
- If you are using a small bbq grill, leave the fish on the open grill or hot charcoal.
- Baste with fish Marinate
- Let the fish cook for a total of 3-4 minutes on each side, you may have to add a minute on two depending on the thickness of your fish until cooked – when fish is white and the juices must run clear.
- Check for doneness by making sure the meat closest to the bone is fully cooked – slash with a knife to check.
- Serve with this pepper sauce and grill vegetables or plantains
- Peel plantains
- Slice in the middle then cut in halve. Season with salt and brush with spice mix
- Grill on each side for about 3 minutes until fully cook through – watch carefully because they burn easily.
Posted by Coba Grill and we thank Immaculate Bites for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.africanbites.com/caribbean-grill-whole-red-snapper/