Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved if large
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough, at room temperature at least 1 hour
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Flaky salt, such as Maldon, for sprinkling
- Place the olive oil and sliced garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Remove and discard the garlic.
- Heat an outdoor grill to 500ºF or a grill pan on the stove to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, basil, minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the garlic oil in a medium bowl. Season with kosher salt and pepper and set aside.
- Stretch the pizza dough into a round or rectangle to fit the grill or grill pan. Brush the dough with some of the garlic oil. Place on the grill oiled-side down and grill until lightly charred and the crust begins to bubble, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Brush the top with garlic oil, then flip the crust. Top with the mozzarella, then cover and grill until the crust is charred in spots and the cheese has melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and spread the tomato mixture evenly over the top. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and flaky salt, cut into pieces, and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/bruschetta-pizza-22925228