Preparation time: 1 hr
Cooking time: 2 hrs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 star anise
- 2 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 small to medium bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (4 lbs. total)
- 1 1/2 bunches watercress
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- For blueberries: Combine all ingredients except berries and shallot in a medium saucepan. Bring to simmering over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in berries and cook until all of them darken, about 2 minutes. Stir in shallot and let stand at room temperature about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare chicken: In a large bowl, combine lemon zest, coriander, salt, and pepper. Rub evenly over chicken. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour. Trim ends from watercress (to leave long sprigs) and rinse. Wrap in a kitchen towel and chill to crisp.
- Heat a grill to medium (400° to 450°). Rub chicken with oil, then grill it, turning once, until no longer pink in thickest part, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on a platter or plates with watercress. Pour blueberries into a bowl and serve to spoon over chicken and greens.
- Make ahead: Blueberries, up to 1 week, chilled.
Posted by Coba Grill and we thank Elaine Johnson for this delicious recipe link is https://www.sunset.com/recipe/grilled-chicken-pickled-blueberries/