Invite the gang, get the drinks on ice and heat up the coals – it’s time to get your smokeless Lotus BBQ Grill working again. We’re celebrating the summer barbecue season and why should we wait tilautumn, until we can enjoy smoking hot burgers, meats, salsas, skewers and salads courtesy of your Lotus BBQ Grill chef.
And if you don´t have a smokeless Lotus BBQ Grill, then take a look at our shop www.coba-grills.hk
Instead of blogging another recipe, I have decided to let you in on my delicious easy ginger beer recipe to enjoy while your chef is barbequing your food on the smokeless Lotus BBQ Grill.
- 200g ginger thickly sliced
- 2 large peeled and juiced
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 litre soda or sparkling water
mint sprigs to serve
- Put the ginger in a saucepan set over a low heat with the lemon peel, sugars and 500ml water and stir until the sugars have dissolved. Increase the heat to medium, then simmer for 15-20 mins, or until reduced and syrupy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
- Strain the syrup into a jug through a sieve lined with muslin. At this stage, you can transfer the syrup to a small sterilised bottle or jar and keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Pour the ginger syrup into a large serving jug. Tip in the lemon juice, fill with ice and top up with the soda water and garnished with a fresh mint sprigs.
Serve your homemade ginger beer ice cold with lots of ice and enjoy this refreshing drink while we have a hot, sizzling summer.
Next week I will post another delicious drink to enjoy this summer.