Top Summer Recipe for the Lotus BBQ Grill
The humble Burger! Adaptable, Dependable, Versatile, Social, Nostalgic, Simple- the Burger is the world´s number 1 Comfort Food and don´t forget the fries! The most popular fast food company in the world, started with not much more than a Patty and a Bun! And the Lotus Grill is a genius at making it – with temperature control being a major factor in the grilling of the perfect burger; Lotus Grill has a unique device to give the temperature that all important boost without you having to fight with the Charcoal and we all know who will win! A little switch and a built in fan. Lotus BBQ Grill – the perfect portable BBQ for the perfect portable meal. So who wants a burger…. I certainly do!!!
BEST BURGER RECIPE IN THE WORLD: (especially brilliant when cooked on the Lotus BBQ Grill).
Serves 4. You will need:
- 1 Lotus Grill BBQ – and if you take BBQing really seriously, the optional Grill Hood too. All come in 4 sizes, small, regular, XL and XXL (grills and hoods)
- 4 Hungry, Drooling Burger Addicts.
- 4 Large Bap Buns from your local store- for an extra crunch you can toast these flat side down on the Lotus in the last minute of grilling.
- Garnish: Cos Lettuce mixed with Rocket, Sliced Red Onion ‘fried’ on the Lotus Grill (while Burgers are grilling), sliced tomato, sliced sweet pickles (pickled cucumber), mayonnaise, mustard, Develey burger sauce or ketchup
- Optional Taste Tingling Treat 1 – Cheddar or Blue Cheese
- Optional Taste Tingling Treat 2 – Streaky Bacon (add to grill when Burgers are grilling).
Burger Patty Ingredients:
- 1kg/2lb minced beef (80% lean).
- Generous Pinch of Sea Salt.
- Ground Black Pepper.
- Heaped Teaspoon of Lowensenf medium mustard
- 2 Shot Glasses of fine English Ale (I bet you never expect this in your patty)
- Two Egg Yolks.
- Mix all Burger Patty ingredients together and divide into 4 equal portions. Now here’s the trick- flatten them so when they shrink on the BBQ they don’t look like glorified meatballs! 1.5- 2cm thick is the way we like them. Or if you happen to have a burger press (can be found at any kitchen shop) then use this – they make the perfect sized burgers and no shrinkage.
- Make sure your Lotus Grill is piping hot, then BBQ for around 3 minutes each side, cooked medium is always the best, so slightly red in the middle gives the best combo of flavour and crunch.
- They are now ready to serve with your toasted buns and added extras and please don´t forget the fries and an ice-cold beer or glass of crisp wine – what more can you want on a perfect summers day!