People : 8-10
Equipment needed : The LotusGrill and a Teppanyaki Plate
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- butter and herbs for seasoning
1. Combine all dry ingredients together and whisk
2. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, and add the oil and milk. Mix everything together until it forms a ball. Turn out onto the counter and knead until very smooth and elastic - at least 5 minutes, adding more flour if necessary.
3. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 8-10 equal pieces
4. Now is the time to start your Lotus BBQ Grill and place your teppanyaki plate on the Lotus BBQ Grill grill grid (smooth side up). While your Lotus BBQ Grill is heating up (medium-high), roll out one piece of dough until very thing (less than 1/8 inches). Your Lotus BBQ Grill teppanyaki plate is non-stick so butter isn´t needed but if you feel that you like to add a little butter to your teppanyki plate then good ahead.
5. One at a time, cook the naan for about 90 seconds, or until parts are blackening, on each side. When they are done, you can brush them with butter and seasonings (cilantro, garlic, chilli etc).
These naan breads are a perfect addition to your Lotus Grill barbeque and it makes fun to get the children involved and this will give you more time to sit back and relax.