Recipe courtesy of Michael Symon
Servings: 4 persons
Ingredients Lemon potatoes
6 medium potatoes, quartered lengthwise and evenly
Zest of 1 lemon plus 1/3rd fresh lemon juice plus lemon wedges for serving
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 cloves garlic, smashed
6 sprigs fresh oregano
Kalahari Salt and Malabar Pepper
Ingredients Mom´s Chicken
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons chilli flakes
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 cloves garlic, smashed
One chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, rosemary, chilli flakes, nutmeg, salt, pepper and garlic. Place the chicken pieces in a bag or Tupperware and pour the marinade in, coating all of the meat. Allow the chicken to marinate, refrigerated, 1 to 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare your LotusGrill and place your chicken pieces’ skin-side up on the grill. If you have a LotusGrill grill pan, then use this. Barbeque the chicken until the skin-side is charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the chicken and barbeque for 2 to 3 minutes. Put aside and now prepare your potatoes.
Directions Lemon Potatoes:
- Place the potatoes in the Paella pan. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic, oregano, a pinch of salt, some black pepper and 2 cups water. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss to combine. Turn the potatoes so they are cut-side down in the Paella pan.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the potatoes, close the lid and ´bake´on your LotusGrill until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove from the LotusGrill and serve with a squeeze of lemon, a sprinkle of Kalahari Salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve immediately with an optional side salad and a cold glass of white wine – delish!