GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS WITH LEMON AND THYME
- 8 chicken wings or thighs if you prefer more meat
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. aromatic, runny honey
- 5 tbsp. high-quality olive oil
- 1 pinch of freshly ground chilli powder
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper (or cayenne pepper)
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 medium tomatoes cut into quarters or halves
- 1 whole untreated lemon
How to prepare the chicken wings using the LotusGrill
First, rinse the chicken wings thoroughly and dab dry with kitchen roll. For the marinade, combine the lemon juice, honey, 4 tbsp. oil, salt, chilli, pepper and thyme. Coat the chicken thighs evenly with the mixture using the LotusGrill marinade brush. Scatter the sprigs of rosemary over the chicken wings, place the wings on the grill grid, cover with the glass grill hood and grill for at least 20 minutes until the skin is beautifully crisp and brown. The meat should be turned from time to time using the LotusGrill barbecue tongs.
While the meat is on the grill, cut the tomatoes in half and cut the lemon into whole or half slices. Season the tomatoes with the remaining tbsp. of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the tomatoes on the grill for roughly 10 minutes, and add the lemon slices to the chicken wings on the grill for about 3 minutes. Serve together with an attractive garnish. If you like, you can put a portion of the marinade in a small bowl and serve with the chicken wings as a dip.
TIPP: The LotusGrill Teppanyaki Plate and/of the LotusGrill High Lid