Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon each hot smoked paprika and dried thyme
300gr paella or risotto rice
400gr chopped tomatoes
3 cloves chopped garlic
3 tablespoons dry sherry or white wine (optional)
900ml chicken stock
400gr fresh or frozen seafood mix
1 lemon, ½ juiced and ½ cut into wedges
Handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Additional extras: chicken, chorizo and/or vegetables of your choice
- Get your LotusGrill working and place your paella pan on the grill grid.
- Heat the olive oil in the paella pan and then add the onions and garlic – soften for 5 minutes
- Then add the smoked paprika, thyme and paella rice, stir for 1 min, then splash in the sherry or white wine, (if using). Once evaporated, stir in the chopped tomatoes, chicken or chorizo (if using) and chicken stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, uncover, for about 20-30 minutes, stirring now and again until the rice is almost tender and still surrounded with some liquid.
- Stir in the seafood mix and cover with a lid. Simmer for around 5 minutes or until the seafood is cooked through and the rice is tender.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice, scatter over the parsley and serve with the lemon wedges.
TIP: Once cooked, take off the LotusGrill and place on a hard surface and cover with paper towels. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes and the paper towels will drain any excess water.